Selecting a financial advisor is an important decision, not one to be taken lightly. To help with this important decision, here are some factors to consider when choosing someone to entrust with your family’s finances and goals.
- Services: What services does the advisor offer besides investment management? Is this person your first choice for crucial financial matters? Finding an advisor that can help with more than investments can give you more peace of mind regarding your financial future.
- Financial Planning: Does your advisor offer Financial Planning, and to what extent? Financial Planning comes in all shapes and sizes, and working with a firm that can assist with every aspect of your financial life, from goals-based planning to next-generation planning, is essential.
- Is your financial advisor a fiduciary? Will he or she put your best interests first?
- Relationship: Do you and your advisor get along? This might be the most critical aspect of choosing a financial advisor. If you don’t get along, it may not matter what other value the advisor can offer.
- Who owns the firm? Independent advisory firms often have more freedom with investment options and may not have to push propriety products toward you.
- Client Service: Does your advisor’s team communicate with you? Can you reach the team within a reasonable period of time?
You and the advisor need to determine if there is a mutual fit. While everyone will prioritize different factors, the above questions can help you find a suitable financial advisor.
Ready to start planning for a brighter future? Call today at (408) 840-4030, or contact our team online.